Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cookie Cake

I can't believe I've never posted this recipe before now. And really, it's not cake at all. Simply put, it's four giant chocolate chip cookies layered together with chocolate frosting. I know, right?!?! It's just...outrageous! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, and I've made a few of my own adjustments. This is the dessert that my hubby always requests for his birthday and Fathers Day.


Cookie Cake
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
2 & 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1 recipe Chocolate Fudge Frosting*
1 c. heavy cream, whipped*

*The original recipe calls for 1 can of chocolate fudge frosting and 8 oz. whipped topping. Either way, it won't disappoint.

Cream butter and sugars together.
Add egg and vanilla and mix well. (Notice my crazy double-yolk egg. I love when I get one of those!)
Stir in flour, soda, and salt.
Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
Press each piece of dough into an 8" cake pan, sprayed with cooking spray and lined with parchment. (I HIGHLY recommend using the parchment so the cookies come out in one piece!) Leave about 1/2"-3/4" of space around the dough. It will spread itself as it bakes.
Bake at 375 F for 8-12 minutes. I like them to be pretty darn soft in the middle, but just bake it the way you like it.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes or so before dumping them out.
While they're cooling, mix together 1 & 1/2 c. of the Chocolate Fudge Frosting and the whipped cream. When completely cool, layer the cookies with frosting and frost the edges.
I like to make it pretty and drizzle some extra frosting on top. And this is not absolutely necessary, but I like to let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two before cutting into it. It's easier to slice that way.
This time, it was for my hubby's birthday. 
Look at the delicious cookie layers!!! It's insane.

I sliced a piece this morning to take photos...but...
...I couldn't help myself!
I wish I had only taken this one bite, but I devoured the whole slice!
There are just no words that can describe the wonderfulness! Try it for yourself. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Woww! It is delicious and wonderfuness.
    However, after eat it, I must use thuoc giam can to have good body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piece of cake looks attractive.
    I have to lose weight so I can not eat them. If we eat, we will have to use a cup of "tra giam can".

    ReplyDelete