Friday, June 18, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Oatmeal

Oatmeal is the best. It's a filling breakfast that is very versatile (plus it's super cheap). This recipe tastes like a warm and comforting baked apple! So lovely.


Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Oatmeal (adapted from my Rachael Ray cookbook)
Makes 4 large servings
 
1 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 c. milk
2 c. water
1/2 t. salt
1 large apple (I used fuji)
3-4 T. agave (or brown sugar)
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. ground flaxseed

In a large pot, combine oats, milk, and water. Heat on high until it boils.
 Meanwhile, core and chop your apple. I like the skin on, but you could peel in if you want.
 Once oats start to boil, turn heat down to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
 Heat on low for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
 Serve with additional milk.
I already knew that I would love this because I am an oatmeal lover, but I was curious to see what my kids would think about it. They ate it right up. It's such a delicious (and really nutritious) way to begin the day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment