Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Omelet

I must be on a breakfast kick or something, but I totally love breakfast food! I actually had this for lunch today and it was delightful. It sounds weird but I loved it. The ingredient that makes this omelet sweet and spicy is pepper jelly. It's made just like any other jelly but instead of fruit, it uses jalepeno peppers.
Any brand of pepper jelly will work, but this is what I used today:
Sweet & Spicy Omelet
1 egg
1/4 c. egg substitute (or two egg whites)
1 T. milk
1-2 oz. cheese (about 2 good slices)
1 T. pepper jelly
salt and pepper

In a bowl mix egg, egg substitute and milk. Pour mixture into a heated, greased skillet and scramble a little. Flip the entire omelet (like a pancake) so it cooks on both sides. Once flipped, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cheese, then spread with pepper jelly (I just sort of spooned it on in little globs.) Fold over and heat until cheese melts.

If you're not a big spicy person, feel free to use fruit jelly for a nice sweet omelet (a wonderful idea that I read on H.E.A.B.) You can also just use three whole eggs if you prefer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment