Sunday, February 8, 2009

Meatball Soup

I love all kinds of soups! I found this recipe in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook and I just love it! It's the perfect hearty, healthy meal for a winter day and it makes really good leftovers!

Meatball Soup
.
1 lb. cooked meatballs (homemade or frozen)
3 1/2 c. beef broth
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can beans, drained and rinsed (any kind)
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. small dry pasta
3 c. fresh spinach (or 1/2 bag frozen)
1/2 t. italian seasoning
1 c. sliced mushrooms (optional)
.
In a large pot, combine broth, tomatoes, italian seasoning, and water. Bring to boiling, add pasta, and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Add meatballs, beans, spinach and mushrooms and simmer on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try making this! I love your food blog so far :)

    ReplyDelete