Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Bean Dip

Yesterday on Pinterest, I saw this recipe for Sweet Potato Burritos and they looked so good. Unfortunatley, I didn't have all of the ingredients to make them. So I used that recipe as inspiration for this dip. The sweet potatoes bring such a delicious sweetness to this fun snack.
 


 Sweet Potato Bean Dip

1 can (14-15 oz.) refried beans
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 sweet potato, cooked with skin removed (about 1 & 1/2 c.)
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
drizzle of olive oil
1/4-1/2 t. cumin
pinch of chipotle chile pepper powder (optional)
salt and pepper
1 c. grated cheddar
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, chopped


Combine refried beans with garlic and onion powder. Spread in a casserole dish.
In a mixing bowl, mix sweet potato, jalapeno, olive oil, cumin, and salt & pepper. (Or you could just mash the sweet potato. I do that sometimes.)
Spread sweet potato mixture over beans. Bake at 400 F for 12-15 minutes or until hot.
 Top with cheese and bake another 5 minutes until cheese melts. Right before serving, top with cilantro and avocado.
 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this dip. The flavor is surprising. I even eat it without the chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I do too! I want to try it wrapped up in a tortilla.

      Delete