Friday, June 29, 2012

Creamy Italian Pasta Salad

Pasta salad is one of my favorite dinners during the summer. They're fast and easy and they don't heat up the whole kitchen.

Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
1 (12 oz.) box multi-colored pasta
several handfuls baby kale or spinach (spinach would have a milder flavor)
1 (14 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 large can olives, drained and chopped
1-2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved (I used yellow)
1-2 c. cooked, chopped chicken
1 c. italian dressing
1/2 c. mayonnaise
salt and pepper


Here are the ingredients I used:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining, add kale to the pasta.
 Stir and cook just until kale wilts (it only takes about 30 seconds).
 Drain pasta and kale. Rinse with cold water.
 To prepare dressing, whisk together italian dressing and mayonnaise.
 Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.

 I was unsure if my kids would even touch the kale in this salad. They usually just eat the noodles and leave the veggies. But they actually ate it all! I am delighted whenever they get excited about a new food. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment