Monday, April 8, 2013

Cracklin' Oat Bran Copycat Granola

I love Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal! I can't put my finger on just what it is that makes it so delicious, but it is purely divine. I bought a box last week and discovered that my whole family loves it too. I just had to figure out how to make my own homemade version of this addictive stuff. And no, I didn't bother trying to shape it into tiny squares, but if that matters to you, then by all means go for it.

Cracklin' Oat Bran Copycat Granola
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. virgin coconut oil
1/3 c. pure maple syrup (honey would probably work here, too)
1 T. molassas
1 & 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
pinch nutmeg
2 c. oat bran
1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. ground flaxseed
1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 c. wheat germ

In a microwave safe bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup, and molassas. Heat for about 30-60 seconds just until it melts together. Add cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
 Pour the liquid mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
 Stir well to combine.
Press mixture into a greased OR lined 10"x15" jelly roll pan.
Bake at 325 F for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Once granola is cool, break into bite sized pieces.
 If the middle is still a bit chewy, don't worry. It will continue to cool and dry out after you break it.
 Store in an air tight container.
 If nothing else, my awesome sister will appreciate this recipe. I blame her for my addiction. This one's for you, Sis! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment