Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Loaded Pumpkin Cookies

Well, a few days ago I got my annual mid-summer pumpkin cookie craving. Seriously, every summer I want pumpkin cookies, without fail. I'm not complaining, in fact, I find it somewhat humorous. This time I decided to make a more ... exciting version of the original.

Loaded Pumpkin Cookies
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 & 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 & 1/2 c. whole white wheat flour
1 & 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. nutmeg
1 t. salt
1 (11 oz.) bag mini chocolate chips
1 c. cinnamon chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Add flour, oats, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well until it forms a dough. Fold in chips.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet.
 Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes.
Perfectly soft with a hearty, chewy texture and packed with chips. Just grand! 

 Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Well now I'm craving them! Save me one...or two. Or three. :) Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right? They are so delicious. I will save some for you! :)

      Delete
  2. How many does this recipe make? Can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the size cookie scoop I use, I usually get around 5 dozen cookies. It really depends on how much cookie dough I eat ... Haha! Thanks for visiting, Kimberly!

      Delete