Monday, August 12, 2013

Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have such fond memories of cookies. I remember coming home from school on rainy days and my mom always had cookies waiting for us. Chocolate chip were probably my favorite growing up. Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? They are such a comforting treat. So now as an adult, whenever I'm having an off day, I always want to make chocolate chip cookies to make me feel better. Trust me, this recipe will not disappoint. Also, it make a TON of cookies so ... it's bound to make you happy!


Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 8 dozen)

1 lb. salted butter, softened
2 & 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
5 & 1/2 c. flour
1 T. cornstarch
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 (12 oz.) bag mini chocolate chips
1 c. regular chocolate chips
1 (10 oz.) bag chocolate chunks*

*I didn't have enough chocolate chunks in only a 10 oz. bag. So I ended up making half without. You might notice in the photos that some have chunks, some don't. They were all delicious, but if you want enough to use on every cookie, I might suggest 2 bags.

In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Mix on a medium-high speed for about 5 minutes.
 Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between eggs. Then add vanilla.
 Remove bowl from mixer and add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
 Mix by hand until almost all the flour mixture is incorporated.
 Stir in mini chips and regular chips. (Not the chunks.)
 Drop dough in 1" balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Arrange 3-4 chocolate chunks on top of each cookie.
 Bake at 375 F for 6 minutes, NO LONGER! If they look way too underbaked, then you're right on the money. That's exactly what you're after! Let them cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes.
 They continue to set up as they cool.
 Look at that perfect, soft center. Just grand!

 I brought 4 dozen of these babies to a family event and they were the first to go. Everyone was raving about them!
These cookies freeze wonderfully. You could also freeze the cookie dough balls to have fresh baked cookies anytime. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and I made these, without the chunks, to enter in our county fair and she won first place in the 4-H division and the open youth division! They were all the talk during the judging! Now we will make them for the state fair in few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is awesome! Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad that you (and everyone else) enjoyed them! They were a really big hit when I made them, too. You'll have to let me know how you do at the state fair! :)

      Delete