Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

Some of my favorite recipes are the ones that have been handed down from generation to generation. I got this recipe from my mom who got it from her mom. It is by far my all time favorite pancake recipe. It originally calls for 2 c. of all purpose flour (and it's very yummy) but I decided to use a little whole wheat flour. Either way is sooooo good!
Buttermilk Pancakes
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. oil
2 c. buttermilk
1/2 milk (if needed)

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together.
Add wet ingredients and mix well. Add milk to thin the batter, if needed.
Cook on a hot, greased griddle.
This recipe makes about 18 pancakes. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment