Friday, December 24, 2010

Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad

I my goodness I've been absent for a while. We were out of town for three weeks and this time of year is a little busy, but I'm back! I made this recipe today for lunch and it was delicious. I know it's not really a typical winter meal, but it's perfect for that leftover turkey or chicken.
Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad
1 (12 oz.) can chicken
1 c. celery, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 T. tarragon, minced
2 T. mayonnaise
pinch garlic powder
pinch lemon zest
salt and pepper

In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
I rarely have fresh lemons on hand so I used this:
It works great. Anyway, mix well.
I put this salad in my new favorite whole grain tortilla (I'll elaborate below) with some spinach and sunflower seeds.
It was yummy and it served about 3 people. But I've got to tell you about these wonderful tortillas that I found at Sam's Club.
They are delightful and I've been eating them all week. The other day I made this:
A whole grain tortilla with 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, and pepper jelly. I highly recommend it! Well, enjoy!

1 comment: