Thursday, May 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

I'm pretty obsessed with cookies. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I decided to make my own version. Packed with protein, fiber, and omega-3's, these little cookies are a great choice for snacking or even for breakfast!



Peanut Butter Oat Cookies (makes about 34)

3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. oats
1 1/2 c. oat bran
1/2 c. ground flaxseed
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips


In a mixing bowl, combine bananas, peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
 Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper and cooking spray) and gently press down.
 Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes, depending on how firm you them.

 These were a fun breakfast for us this morning. I'll probably end up eating all of them today... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment