Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know what your thinking. "Has she gone completely insane??" Well, it's highly likely possible. But I gotta tell you, these cookies are fantastic! Chocolate and bacon is a very under-appreciated combination. If your man likes bacon you've got to have him try these! Valentine's day gift, perhaps?

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. (1 & 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/4 c. bacon fat
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
2 & 1/4 c. flour
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
8-10 oz. bacon (or more, if you like)

First you have to cook your bacon until it's crispy. (I cooked a 12 oz. package for breakfast this morning and stored the rest in a bag in the fridge.)
 SAVE YOUR BACON GREASE!!! Pour it into a glass container and allow to cool completely until it solidifies.
 Now it's time to start on the dough. Heat oven to 375 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, bacon fat, and sugars. Cream until fluffy.
 Add eggs and baking soda. Mix well.
 Mix in vanilla.
 Add flour.
 Mix until flour is mostly incorporated.
 Crumble your bacon. I did about 1/2 c. but like I said in the ingredient list, you can do as much as your little heart desires. (Haha, not your ACTUAL heart, cuz ... well, let's just say this isn't the most heart healthy recipe out there.)
 Stir in bacon and chocolate chips.

 Drop by rounded scoops onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
 Bake at 375 F for about 8 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the sheet.
 Then it's time to devour!
Sweet, salty, smokey, and divine. Gotta love crazy concoctions now and then. Enjoy!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, darn! Did they not bake up well? Or did you not like them?

      Delete
  2. How many cookies does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a small cookie scoop and I got about 4 dozen cookies from this recipe. Let me know if you try them! :)

      Delete
  3. How long do these keep/how should I best store them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually stored them at room temperature, but I would recommend keeping them either in the fridge or freezer just to be safe! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi there,

    I was wondering if it would be okay to use a picture of your Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies on a blog post I'm writing...It's just about 10 different types of Christmas cookies I'd like to make. I would credit your photo and put a link back to your blog. I'll check back on this post to see if you've replied, or you can e-mail me here: ameliorerlavieblog@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    Lisa @ Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I feel so special. Haha! Absolutely. Thank you for asking. I love Christmas cookies...or any kind of cookies for that matter. I'd love to check it out when you post it.

      Delete
    2. Oh cool! I will add it right now! I already did a post on it, but will add yours in now that I have permission. :)

      Delete
  5. My cookies turned out just wonderful!! Thank you :] I did overcook a little bit of my bacon so when I poured the grease into the batter, there was a hint of burnt. I covered that up with about two tbs. of peanut butter and it turned out really well. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your cookies turned out! And peanut butter sounds amazing in these. I'm going to have to try that sometime!!!! :)

      Delete
  6. i just made these today and they came out perfect! i totally have a new favorite cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy! They are totally addicting. Haha!

      Delete
  7. is t teaspoon or tablespoon? im not a baker if it is an ovbious answer lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little t is teaspoon, a bit T is Tablespoon. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I've never tried them as a bar cookie. I would guess that you'd want to press them into a greased 9x13" pan and bake for 15ish minutes? If you try it, let me know how they turn out! :)

      Delete
  9. about how long would these be good for in a ziplock bag? i am wanting to make some to mail to my husband & his friends in afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I would think they'd be good at room temperature for a week or so. If you're mailing them, I might suggest freezing them and then sending them. I really can't be sure, but let me know if it works out! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm going to make these later this week to take to work (my coworkers love to hate me), but I'm going to add some crushed potato chips too. And I'm calling them Fat Girl's Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogs with racing you make your blog a candidate to win the promotional prizes. With the support of our sponsors from blogs are organizing events within the first round of our competition. Add your blog and get involved. You refer to your blog. You can find detail information on our website. Thank you for your interested-in.


    Sincerely,
    Web: http://www.bloggercontest.info
    Mail: contact@bloggercontest.info
    Cell: +441269200450


    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are good they taste awesome I made them and have them for breakfast.
    Highly recommended Westport Fishing Charter Washington

    ReplyDelete