Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cherry Almond Chocolate Bark

I went to Costco yesterday and saw some chocolate almond bark that I sooooo wanted to buy. But I exercised the little self control I possess and did not put it in my cart. I figured I could totally make it at home for less money ... and that's exactly what I did. The beauty of making chocolate bark at home is that you can add whatever the heck you want! I mean, it's chocolate. No matter what you decide to add, you can't really go wrong!

Cherry Almond Chocolate Bark
2 & 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 T. coconut oil (not vegetable oil!)
2 c. almonds (I used roasted and salted) + more for the top
1/3 c. dried cherries + more for the top
pinch of sea salt, optional

In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each time.
 Mine took about 2 minutes until it was smooth.
 Stir in almonds and cherries.

 Spread mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
 Sprinkle with a few more cherries and almonds and a little sea salt.
 Let cool completely in the fridge or freezer, then break into pieces.

I could eat this stuff all day long! Sadly, I'm not joking in the least. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment