Friday, January 14, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken

This recipe came from my sister-in-law and it is delicious. I used cream of chicken soup and she prefers cream of mushroom soup but either way it's a winner at my house! It's quick and easy and my whole family loved it.
Poppyseed Chicken
2 (12 oz.) cans chicken breasts (or 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and chopped)
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
1 T. poppyseeds
1 roll ritz crackers
1/4 c. butter, melted

Combine chicken, broth, sour cream, soup and poppyseeds.
Spread into an 8x8" baking dish. Top with crushed ritz crackers. Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
I served mine over rice with tomatoes and peas and I mixed it all up on my plate. I gotta say it was great. The warm chicken mixed with the veggies was perfect.
If you're pressed for time, this is a great chicken dish to try. It might be fun to experiment with some different flavors, too. Try adding garlic, cheese, mushrooms, or any of your favorite spices to really make it your own. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment