Saturday, June 4, 2011

Broccoli Chowder

Okay, so it's June, right? Where we live it's still been in the 50's and 60's all week. Not exactly summer weather, but whatever. It's a good excuse to make soup. This soup is adapted from Kitchen Daily. My family loved it. My husband just told me that I need to make it more often. Score!
Broccoli Chowder
1 T. oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1-2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. flour
1/2 t. dry mustard
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli
1 c. grated cheese
1/2 c. sour cream, plus more for garnish
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, heat oil and add onion, carrot, and celery. Cook until tender (about 5-6 minutes.)
Add potatoes, garlic, flour and mustard. Cook about 4-5 more minutes.
Add chicken broth and broccoli. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until veggies are super tender.
Mash with a potato masher.
Add cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a little sour cream.
This was a hit. My kids and hubby all ate their soup ALL GONE! Not kidding. I was more than amazed. Anyway, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment