Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Midnight Cake

I've been searching for the perfect chocolate cake and I'm pretty sure I found it! I made this for my birthday and I chose not to frost it (my next endeavor is to find the perfect chocolate frosting recipe!) Instead, I just stacked the two cakes and topped it with chocolate mousse.


Midnight Cake (adapted from Taste of Home magazine)
2 c. flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. unsweetened cocoa
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2/3 c. oil
2 T. vinegar
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. water

Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into 2 greased cake pans. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes. (Check after about 23 minutes. You don't want to overbake them!) Remove from pans and let cool. Serve as desired.

Chocolate Mousse
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 c. whole milk
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Combine pudding and milk. Set aside. Whip cream in a cold bowl with cold beaters until stiff. Fold into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment