Thursday, July 7, 2011

Veggie Mac & Cheese

This mac 'n' cheese has hidden veggies (always a good thing.) It is adapted from my Taste of Home Almost Homemade cookbook.
Veggie Mac & Cheese
2 c. dry pasta (I used whole wheat rotini)
1 (16 oz.) bag frozen cauliflower, thawed
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 T. canola oil
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (10 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 c. grated cheese
1/2 c. milk
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. prepared mustard

Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile, chop cauliflower into small pieces. Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and cauliflower. Saute for a couple minutes.
Drain pasta. In the pasta pot, combine remaining ingredients and heat over medium. Stir constantly until it becomes a cheesy sauce.
Add pasta and cauliflower mixture to sauce and toss. Serve warm.
I'm a big pasta lover so I really enjoyed this dish. Plus my family all ate it too, veggies and all!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment