Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Soft Vegan Ginger Cookies

Hmmmm, cookies with no eggs, no wheat, no butter or oil, and no dairy... it can't be done! That was my first thought when I found this original recipe from Happy Herbivore. But as it turns out, you absolutely CAN! And let me just say that these little cookies are mighty delicious. With only 65 calories and 2 grams of fiber a piece, I think I'll go ahead and eat five or six of them thank you very much!Soft Vegan Ginger Cookies
2 c. oats (processed into flour using a blender)
2/3 c. ground flaxseed
2 T. cornstarch
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. refried beans (make sure the only ingredients are water, beans, and salt)
1/2 c. molasses
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. If batter seems too runny, add some more flaxseed.

Use a cookie scoop to drop onto a greased cookie sheet.Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Cookies might seem underbaked, but that's good! They tend to dry out as they cool.Well, maybe I'm weird, but I actually really like these cookies. It's always fun to try new things and if you're vegan or have a vegan friend, these would be the perfect little treat to share. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment