Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banana Oat Muffin Tops

I don't know how to introduce this recipe. It is adapted from my Oatmeal Banana Cookies and I love it so much that any description seems inadequate. They're like a muffin, but in the form of a cookie. They're perfect for breakfast or snacks and my kids just eat them up. They have no idea that they're super healthy.

Banana Oat Muffin Tops
4 over-ripe bananas
1/2 c. coconut butter (or regular butter) melted
1/2 c. agave
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
1/2 c. milk
2 & 1/2 c. oat flour (blend up oats in the blender)
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. ground flaxseed
1 & 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Mix in coconut butter and agave.
Mix in eggs, extracts, and milk.
 (I forgot to add my milk with the previous picture...haha!)
 Add all the dry ingredients.
 Mix well.
 Using a cookie scoop, place balls of dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops with oats if you want.
 Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.

 

 My whole family can't get enough of these cookies. Hope you like them as much as we do. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment