Monday, August 16, 2010

Juicy Shredded Beef

Roast beef is one of my favorite comfort foods. It reminds me of coming home from church on Sundays to the smell of yummy food. This recipe is so simple and so good. I enjoyed this shredded roast beef on a nice crusty roll with butter and horseradish.
Juicy Shredded Beef
1 beef roast (about 4 lbs.)
1 can beef broth (condensed)
1 can french onion soup (condensed)

Place the roast in the crockpot and cover with both cans of soup. No need to add any water. Cover, and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. This is the soup I used: When roast is done, remove from juices and shred with two forks: Then return shredded meat to crockpot and mix with the hot juices: I served mine as sandwiches and used the juice as au jus. You could also serve the meat as the main course with mashed potatoes and veggies. I highly recommend this super easy roast beef recipe. In fact, I think we'll have it for dinner tonight. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment