Saturday, August 21, 2010

PB Banana Goodness

My whole little family loves peanut butter but it gets a little boring to eat the same thing everyday. So if you're tired with the plain old PB&J, try mixing it up and add some different ingredients to your sandwich. Here are some that I tried:
Peanut Banana Avodaco:
Whole wheat bread, peanut butter, sliced banana, mashed avocado.
(Inspired by H.E.A.B.)

I found this peanut butter at Target and I gotta tell you, it's DELICIOUS!!! I used it for...
Cinnamon Banana:
Toasted whole wheat bread, cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter, sliced banana. Yum!


And finally, my lunch today was an idea I got from my Rachael Ray cookbook:
Extreme PB Sandwich
Toasted whole wheat bread, crunchy peanut butter, sliced banana, 2 slices turkey bacon, drizzle honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Now, if you're thinking, "Ew, gross!" I understand because I thought that, too...at first! But just try it. The salty bacon and peanut butter mixed with sweetness is surprisingly delightful. I am definitely going to experiment more with my favorite legume and I hope you will, too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment