Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Best Ever Banana Bread

Is there anything like the smell of homemade banana bread in the morning? It's the best. When I was first married, I found this recipe in a cookbook someone had given us for our wedding. It's the best banana bread recipe I've ever found!!!!
I made it this morning for breakfast and I ate it topped with homemade walnut butter. (To make walnut butter, just follow the same recipe for Pecan Butter, but use walnuts instead of pecans.)
These bananas (along with three others) were sitting on my counter for a long time (as you can see) but they were PERFECT for making banana bread.
Best Ever Banana Bread
6-8 bananas, very ripe
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
2 t. salt
4 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional, I don't use these)
Mash bananas and mix with eggs, sugar and oil. Add baking powder, soda, and salt and mix:
Add flour and mix just until it's well incorporated:
Batter will be pretty lumpy:
Pour batter evenly into two greased AND floured bread pans (flouring the pans is very important, otherwise the bread gets stuck in the pans.) Bake at 325 F for 45-60 minutes (mine usually takes closer to 60 minutes.) Cool slightly before removing from pans.
I love this recipe and I hope you do, too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment