Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pecan Butter

I've been obsessing over nut butters lately. Right now, I have several different kinds in the fridge... :) This is the first time that I've actually made my own and it was so fun. I made toasted pecan butter and it is quite delicious and super easy.

Pecan Butter
3 c. pecan pieces (they're cheaper than whole pecans)
1/2 t. salt
This recipe takes only three steps.
1-Spread pecans in a cookie sheet and toast by placing them in the oven under a low broiler for 3-5 minutes. Watch them carefully as they can burn fast.
2-Transfer toasted pecans to a food processer and add salt.
3-On low speed, process for about 2 minutes or until butter is smooth and runny. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of nut butter. Store in the fridge.
This recipe is so yummy. Today, I ate it on whole wheat bread with some creamed honey on top. Sooooo good. You'll have to try it for yourself.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment