Friday, July 16, 2010

Portobello Steak

I recently bought some portobello mushrooms at the store with no idea how I was going to use them... :) So one day I was searching for something to make for lunch and I remembered my mushrooms! All I did was saute them up and tada! An instant favorite.

Portobello Steak
1 portobello mushroom
2 t. butter
steak seasoning to taste (or just salt and pepper)


Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Slice mushroom into roughly 1/4" slices and add to hot skillet. Saute for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Season with steak seasoning or salt and pepper.


Today I seasoned mine with salt and garlic powder and it was great. I've also used my favorite dry steak seasoning and it was delicious, too. I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but I must say this is a very filling dish that happens to be healthy and low in calories! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment