Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grilled Chicken & Corn Salad

Have leftover corn on the cob? Today, I had a bunch of leftover corn from a barbeque and I decided to make it into a salad.
Corn Salad
3 ears corn, cooked and cut from cob
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. chopped onion
2-3 c. torn greens (spinach, romaine, etc.)
extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
garlic powder

Combine all vegetables in a large bowl and toss together with olive oil, salt and pepper, and some garlic powder. Set aside while you make your chicken.Grilled Chicken (I didn't actually grill mine, but either way...)

4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
steak seasoning (I like Weber Grill Creations)

In a large skillet, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Season chicken breasts with steak seasoning on both sides and cook in skillet until done (nicely browned with no pink in the middle.) Serve along with salad. I cut up my chicken and tossed it together with my salad. It was delicious! :) You could always use beef or seafood in place of the chicken. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh these all look so yummy. I am headed to go grocery shopping right now and had to come take a look at your recipes to get my grocery list going. They all look delicious. I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete