Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Apple Pie Waffles

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I had never tried apple butter before this weekend. But I absolutely fell in love with it! It's so good!! This is what I have used it for the past two days:
This is the apple butter I used. The only ingredients are apples and apple cider. There are a lot of apple butters out there that have a lot of added sugar or corn syrup so try to find one that's less sugar and more fruit.
Apple Pie Waffles
1 recipe whole grain waffles (any kind you like)
real butter (optional)
apple butter, warm (or warm applesauce)
cinnamon
whipped cream

Atop a hot waffle, spread butter, apple butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon and top with whipped cream. It's so yummy!

I use a 10 grain waffle mix from my local supermarket, but any type will work. I like to have a nice, high-fiber waffle. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment