Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nut Butter Cups

Today I made these tasty little treats. I've been craving chocolate and peanut butter thanks to Heather's many posts about the delicious combo. But in addition to making the traditional peanut butter cup, I made coconut butter cups, sunflower seed butter cups, and almond butter cups. Delightful!
Nut Butter Cups
dark chocolate chips
nut butter (any kind you choose, I used roasted/salted butters except the coconut)

Line a mini-muffin tin with papers. Melt chocolate in a double boiler until just melted and smooth. Drop a spoonful of chocolate in each cup and spread up the sides of the paper: Then place a small scoop of nut butter in each cup: Then top each cup with more chocolate: I made a lot... :) Once they're all covered with chocolate, place in the freezer until they set up.

I recommend keeping the finished product in a ziploc bag in the fridge or freezer so they stay good longer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment