Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chocolate Lava Cake

I confess: I can't live without chocolate! This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law and I can't even begin to describe how delicious it is. While it bakes it forms a moist cake on top and a fudgy lava sauce underneath. Mmmmmmm!

Chocolate Lava Cake
1st layer:
3/4 c. sugar
3 T. cocoa
1 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted

Blend ingredients together until smooth and pour into ungreased 8x8" or 9x9" pan.
2nd layer:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
4 T. cocoa

Sprinkle mixture on top of batter:
Pour 1 1/4 c. hot water over the top and DO NOT STIR!!Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This is such a wonderful dessert to share with friends...on second thought, maybe don't share it... :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment