Friday, September 10, 2010

Avocado Pancakes

Avocados in pancakes? I know it sounds weird, but it was very good. The original recipe from H.E.A.B. was gluten-free but I adapted it to include some whole wheat flour.

Avocado Pancakes
1 avocado, mashed
2 eggs
1 egg white (or 1/4 c. liquid egg whites)
2 T. milk
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 T. sugar

In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, eggs, egg white, and milk.

Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Cook on a greased pan. (I made silver dollar size pancakes.)
Don't be afraid of their color... :) This would be a perfect breakfast for St. Patrick's Day!
I ate them with coconut butter, syrup and cinnamon. Delicious. This recipe only makes enough for about 2-3 people. So if you're cooking for a crowd, double or triple this recipe. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. hi there....
    Nice blog of you, great recipes !
    I like avocado pancake too, but i prefer use a dry yeast instead of baking powder.....
    The pancake will more soft pluffy after fermentated for about an hour......

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i find the gluten free recipe . my daughter has a gluten issue .

    ReplyDelete