Monday, September 20, 2010

Sesame Quinoa Granola

Mmmmm! Granola! I have a feeling I will be experimenting quite a bit with granola. I can't believe I had never made homemade granola before! It's amazing.
Sesame Quinoa Granola
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted*
1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
3 c. oats
1/2 c. quinoa
2 T. toasted sesame seeds
salt to taste

Combine oil, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add oats, quinoa, sesame seeds and salt. Mix well.
Spread onto and ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes.
Transfer to an air tight container.
This granola is wonderful with fruit and milk.
*You can find coconut oil in the baking aisle near the cooking oils and shortening. If not, go ahead and use regular vegetable or canola oil.
I will be posting more granola recipes in the future, mark my words! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment