Friday, February 10, 2012

Brazilian Cheese Bread

Okay, so lately I've been trying to find the perfect recipe for brazilian cheese bread (pao de queijo) and it's been quite the adventure. I think I've probably tried at least 15 different recipes. Finally I found one that I love! Plus my husband approves (and he would know since he lived in Brazil for 2 years.) I found the original recipe on Globe Trotter Diaries, but I adapted it to my own taste.So cheesy...so good!
This cheese was the perfect addition to this recipe. You really can use any combination of cheese but this crumbly cheese combined with parmesan was really great!
Brazilian Cheese Bread
2 1/4 c. tapioca flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. crumbled cotija cheese
1/2 c. grated parmesan

Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine water and oil and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into the flour mixture. Stir to mix. (It will be super stiff and lumpy.)Stir in eggs then stir in cheeses. (Mixture will still be a bit lumpy.)Roll into about 20 balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 10-15 more minutes.I hope you like these little cheesy breads as much as we do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment