Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Double Chocolate Flax Cookies

This recipe is adapted from Eat Good 4 Life and I love it! Lately I've just been eating the cookie dough... :) These are great with any variety of nuts or no nuts at all.Double Chocolate Flax Cookies
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. ground flaxseed
1 c. oat flour (or grind 1 c. oats in a blender/food processor)
1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1 c. dark chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients.
Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.These are a fun snack for the whole family and they actually have some nutrition in them. Yay for healthy cookies! Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. My husband found your website and this recipe and made them this afternoon (he's the baker, not I) and they were wonderful! He used peanuts instead because that's the only nut we had in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, peanuts would be excellent in these cookies! Now I want to try that... :)

      Delete