Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bean & Bacon Soup

Canned bean with bacon soup was my favorite when I was little. A few years ago I was really in the mood for some but we didn't have any. So I made my own! This is the recipe that was born:
Bean & Bacon Soup
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon or regular)
1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
1/2 c. chopped onion (optional)
1 1/2 (15 oz.) cans refried beans
2 c. frozen corn (or 1 can, drained)
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
sprinkle of pepper
grated cheese for garnish

In a pot, combine broth and onion. Bring to a simmer.
Stir in refried beans.
Add corn, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and most of the crumbled bacon (reserve some for garnish, if desired.) Cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes, stirring often.
Serve with cheese and crumbled bacon for garnish.
Yum! I am a big fan of hearty soup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment