Saturday, April 2, 2011

Seven Layer Bars

When I was growing up, my mom had this recipe called Hello Dolly Bars (I still don't know why they were called that.) I've also heard them called Magic Cookie Bars, but I call them Seven Layer Bars.
Seven Layer Bars
1/2 c. butter
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. butterscotch chips
1-2 c. coconut
1 c. chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

Melt the butter in a 9x13" pan.
Pour in graham cracker crumbs, combine, and press to form a crust.
Now layer all the ingredients however you want, with the sweetened milk on top.




Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and brown.

Cut into bars when cool.
The funny thing about this recipe is that you really could use any nuts, any flavor chocolate chips, vanilla wafers or cinnamon grahams instead of the graham crumbs, and whatever changes you feel like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment