Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Avocado Shake

My husband lived in Manaus, Brazil for two years and it always makes me jealous when he tells me about the fresh produce he had there. Apparently they grow giant avocados that can get as big as a football! Yum. The funny thing is that Brazilians generally don't eat avocados salty (i.e. guacamole.) Instead, they eat them sweet. My husband was the one to introduce this recipe to me and now I crave it all the time. Seriously. And the best part of this recipe is that it's delicious AND nutritious! Avocados are packed with good fat and fiber. So whip up these guilt-free shakes, and enjoy!

Avocado Shake

1 avocado

1 c. milk

4-5 t. raw cane sugar (or sweetener of choice)

8 large ice cubes

Blend ingredients in blender until smooth. Serves 2.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Ben making this for me when he got home from his mission. Honestly, I was scared to death to try it because it sounded like it wouldn't be very good, but when I tried it, it really was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete