Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garlic Shrimp

I love shrimp! I like to have shrimp on hand because it's easy to prepare and my whole family eats it up. I've started buying raw shrimp (frozen, with legs and shells intact) because it cooks nicely and it's cheaper than cooked shrimp. Double bonus! The other night I was in the mood for a shrimp dish and created this yummy (and simple) dinner:

Garlic Shrimp
2 T. butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 large onion, sliced
1 lb. raw shrimp (veins, shells, tails and legs removed)
1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
salt to taste

Melt butter in large saucepan. Add garlic and onions and cook 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until about halfway done (about 2-3 minutes.) Add green beans and mushrooms and cook until veggies are tender-crisp and shrimp is fully cooked. Add salt to taste.

You can use any vegetable you like instead of green beans. Try using broccoli or your favorite stir fry blend. Also, you can use any type of onion in this recipe. Pearl onions might be fun to try! Let me know how it turns out for you! :) Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment