Saturday, May 29, 2010

Corn Salsa

Summer is my favorite time of year. I love the warm weather, the long days, and I especially love the food! This recipe is perfect for those warm summer evenings in the backyard. It's full of fresh flavors and yummy veggies! What's fun about this recipe is that it can be served with corn chips as salsa, or served with a fork as a salad. Personally, I love it both ways!

One of the main ingredients is beans. Beans are a wonderful food that are very nutrient dense, high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. (Click here to learn more.) This recipe is a great way to add more beans to your diet. Corn Salsa (or Salad)

3 ears raw corn, cut from cob
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 avocados, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

Drain and rinse beans. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and serve.

This recipe makes a very large batch. It can be refrigerated for 3-5 days. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment