Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fudge Brownies...(that are actually good for you!)

Today I was craving chocolate all day, but I wanted to make a healthier version of these divine treats. I ended up trying a recipe (which contains flaxseed) and I must say they are amazing. They are very ooey and gooey and fudgy. And the best part is, they are good for you!

Fudge Brownies
1/4 c. water
2 T. ground flaxseed
1/2 c. agave (or 3/4 c. sugar)
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
 
Preheat oven to 350 F. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour in greased 8x8" pan and bake for 25-28 minutes.
Feel free to add any chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you like. I'll admit I sprinkled chopped Reeses cups on them while they were hot and then spread them around...:) They are the perfect treat for that day when you're craving chocolate (and believe me, I have plenty of those days!) Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment