Thursday, May 13, 2010

Juicing

Lately I've been trying to eat healthier and adopt a more whole-food type lifestyle. Let me tell you, it's not easy for me because I really love processed foods, but I know how bad they can be for my health. I will never be perfect at this way of eating because I cannot give up sweets and salty snacks entirely, and I will NEVER give up ice cream (it's my weakness!) That being said, I've tried to incorporate more whole grains, fruits and veggies in my diet and less foods like white bread, fruit snacks and sugary drinks.

My sweet husband, aware of the changes I've been trying to make, was so thoughtful and gave me a juicer for Mother's Day. I am very new at this juicing concept, but so far I love it. It's a

great way for me to feel like I've started the day right and also a great way to boost my veggie intake each day! So this week I've been juicing every morning. Today, I tried this juice recipe:

Green Lemonade

3 stalks celery

4-5 handfuls spinach

2 apples

1 cucumber

large chunk ginger

1/2 lemon

Now, I must say it was not the most delicious juice I've ever had, but it wasn't horrible either. Let's just say it tasted healthy. :) I am not accustomed to eating as many veggies as I probably should. By making veggie juice I can pack several into one meal. It's great!

Anyway, I love my juicer and I know that it will help me in my efforts to making healthier eating choices and habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment